Friday, December 19, 2008

Chocolate Pretzel Rings

I have seen these done with chocolate stars as well, but you'd get more chocolate bang for your buck with Kisses.

Warning: Very addicting. They have that much-needed salty/sweet combo.

48-50 pretzel rings
1 pkg (8 oz) milk chocolate kisses
1/4 cup M&Ms
Or just do what I do, just buy a bag of pretzels, a bag of kisses, and a bag of Christmas-colored M&Ms and make however many you can and munch on the rest. :-)

Place the pretzels on a baking sheet. Place chocolate kiss in the center of each pretzel ring. Bake at 275 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes (until kiss is softened). Remove from oven. Place an M&M on each kiss, pressing down slightly so chocolate fills the ring. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes (but, they are good gooey too!) or until chocolate is firm. Store at room temperature.

Yield: About 4 dozen.I usually make these and freeze them. They freeze great. I take some out awhile (so they thaw) before serving to people. This year, I made the mistake of not getting them in the freezer right away and we are now sadly (and embarrassingly) down to 17.

1 comment:

  1. I make these every year too. The sweet and salty is the perfect combination for all my cravings! I have used the pretzel rings, as well as the Christmas tree shaped pretzels, which are kind of fun. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete