Monday, December 29, 2008

Souperior Meat Loaf

There have been a few moments in my homemaking career when I was smart to plan well enough ahead so that I could make and freeze meals. It is an amazing time saver. One time I did a month of meals in one day. (Frankly, that was too much for me, but I know it works very well for some people.) At any rate, Cathy has been cooking and freezing and she offers the following recipe. -- ML

SOUPERIOR MEAT LOAF
1 envelope of Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion Soup Mix
2 pounds ground beef
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients. In 9 x 13 pan, shape into loaf. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Makes about 8 servings.

NOTE: I have never just put 1 loaf in a 9 x 13 pan. I use 2 small bread loaf pans (4 x 8) and divide the mixture between the 2. THEN, I am able to freeze the pan I do not use. Mashed potatoes and corn are ALWAYS a hit with this meal.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe came a day too late, as I made a very dry meatloaf for dinner last night. Thank goodness my Turkey Soup was well received!

    ReplyDelete