Thursday, January 29, 2009

Aunt Rayna's Cherry Coke Jell-O

I was inspired the other day by Shirley's salad to share with you a Jell-O recipe from my Aunt Rayna. I have given this recipe out many times and I always label the card "Lisa's Aunt Rayna's Cherry Coke Jell-O." I'm sure there are people out there eating this tasty Jell-O saying, "I don't know Lisa or her Aunt Rayna, but mmmm this Jell-O is good!" -- ML

P.S. This is NOT a low cal Jell-O.

Lisa's Aunt Rayna's Cherry Coke Jell-O

1 6 oz. pkg cherry Jell-O
1 1/2 cu. boiling water
1 can cherry pie filling
1/4 cu. sugar
1 12 oz. can Coke (Don't be tempted to use cherry Coke even though it seems like the logical choice. It's too much. I know.)

Add Jell-O to boiling water, stir. Add pie filling and sugar. Bring to boil. Put in a bowl to cool. Add Coke before it begins to congeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment