Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cheesy Tuna Macaroni

Last week while you were innocently making Barbecue Beef Cups, Cathy was in the hospital. (If you're really paying attention, that is why she was cooking and freezing. ) She is absolutely fine and has returned to work this week. -- ML

This next recipe is one I just received from friend, Jody Dahlseid. I put this hot dish together before going into the hospital for my surgery, so Dean just had to throw it into the oven. This one is funny because my boys are SURE they do not like tuna. I don't know why this is, they used to eat tuna fish sandwiches when they were tots and liked them. Anyway, I asked them if they liked this hot dish and they had a unanimous "YES!" My first night back from the hospital we had the leftovers of this hot dish for supper. I asked them what they thought the "meat" was in the dish, they thought chicken. I chuckled and told them it was tuna. They didn't respond. :-)

Cheesy Tuna Macaroni

1/2 pound elbow macaroni -- cooked and drained
1 can cheddar cheese soup, condensed
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup Swiss cheese -- shredded
1 can tuna in water (I used the 5 oz can, but will use the 12 oz can next time)
1-1/2 cups french fried onions
1 cup celery -- chopped
1 tablespoon green olives -- chopped

Combine soup, milk, seasonings, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, tuna, 1 cup fried onions, celery and olives. Stir in macaroni and mix well. Pour into 2 qt baking dish and bake covered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with remaining cheese and french fried onions, bake uncovered 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment