Sunday, January 4, 2009

Barbecue Beef Cups

I was just reading that one of the big predictions for 2009 is that we will be eating out less. No kidding. Thank you, big time economist. You and I both know we are addicted to Food TV and cooking shows in general and that we have been searching our local markets for things like anchovy paste. Good for us! Today, Cathy shares a recipe from her favorite little cooking diva! -- ML


Here is a yummy recipe from my good friend (HA!!), Rachael Ray.

BARBECUE BEEF CUPS

3/4 pound ground beef (I just use an even pound)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 - 16.3 oz can refrigerated biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, brown the beef over medium heat; drain off excess fat. Remove from the heat and stir in the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Grease a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and place a piece of biscuit dough* in each cup, stretching the dough up the sides. Divide the beef mixture among the biscuit cups, sprinkle each with cheese and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.

*The biscuits come 8 to a container; therefore, I lay out 6 biscuit doughs on a cutting board (or you can use clean counter top). I cut the remaining 2 biscuit doughs in thirds and put one-third on each of the 6 biscuit doughs. I then smash each of the 6 biscuit doughs to blend that added one-third dough, plus getting it kind of flattened BEFORE putting it into the muffin pan is a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment