Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dear, Dear Marie

Cathy has sent me recipes for her blog a batch at a time. Since our blog entries were ahead I had not looked at her message which I assumed was full of recipes to carry us way into February. I was wrong. -- ml

What was for dinner. . . LAST NIGHT.

I grew up in the big metropolis area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, specifically Bloomington. Living in a big city area provides a plethora of eating establishments. One of my favorites was the Marie Callender restaurant in Burnsville. Yum. Order pretty much anything and it was delicious. Well....it is so comforting to find Marie Callender's in my own grocer's frozen food section. Her pot pies are scrumptious, but last night, we had one of our other family favorites: Lasagna. So, very simply my "recipe" for today is Marie Callender's Lasagna. Again, her lasagna can be found in the frozen food section. Read the back of the box, follow the instructions, and you will be delighted. We get the box that says "serves 5," although it serves our family of 4 quite nicely. Serve this up with some garlic bread, a salad, and you're good to go. Dessert last night: Cherry turnovers (also found in the frozen food section). :-)

1 comment:

  1. Now you're talking. Freezer to oven to table! Yeah!!!! Minimum exertion.

    ReplyDelete