Sunday, January 25, 2009

Frozen Fruit Cups

The day I am posting this recipethe high will be -5. I am having a hard time getting excited about anything frozen, but I'm not going to let that stop me from sampling this yummy recipe sometime in the warm future! -- ML

Okay this is a household FAVE!!!! It makes a great lil' refreshing snack for the kids (and adults). I have also served this at different kinds of gatherings. Yummo and delightfully refreshing.

FROZEN FRUIT CUPS

3 cups sugar
3 cups water
3 pkgs frozen strawberries or raspberries (I've been using 2-24oz containers of frozen strawberries from Wal-Mart -- Great Value brand)
1 can of 5-Alive Citrus (frozen concentrate - the large can)
1/3 cup Real Lemon reconstituted lemon juice
2 cans pineapple tidbits and juice
6 medium bananas

Combine sugar and water in large stockpot. Bring to boil. Add frozen berries, stirring carefully to thaw, then add remaining ingredients. Put in 4 oz or 5 oz plastic cups and freeze.

Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before serving OR eat straight from the freezer if you can't wait :-)

TIP: I use the 4 oz or 5 oz plastic Dart cups with lids. I place the cups on cookie sheets when I place in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment